Attempted robbery in Lowestoft
A TWENTY-FOUR year-old man was in custody last night after an attempted robbery at a betting shop.A man brandishing a claw hammer entered the Ladbrokes betting shop in Victoria Road, Lowestoft, shortly after 7.45pm.
A TWENTY-FOUR year-old man is in custody after an attempted robbery at a betting shop.
A man brandishing a claw hammer entered the Ladbrokes betting shop in Victoria Road, Lowestoft, last night shortly after 7.45pm. A police spokesman said the man asked for the takings from the lone bookmaker who refused and remotely operated the magnetic door to lock the man in.
However, the man used the claw hammer to smash his way out through the glass door. No money was stolen and the bookmaker was not hurt in the incident.
A 24-year-old man was later arrested and it has been announced today that has also been arrested on suspicion of the robbery at the One Stop store in Sands Lane in Oulton Broad on Sunday, November 29.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where he is being interviewed by officers.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact 01473 613500 and to ask for Lowestoft CID.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch