Attempted robbery in Lowestoft
A TWENTY-FOUR year-old man was in custody last night after an attempted robbery at a betting shop.A man brandishing a claw hammer entered the Ladbrokes betting shop in Victoria Road, Lowestoft, shortly after 7.45pm.
A TWENTY-FOUR year-old man is in custody after an attempted robbery at a betting shop.
A man brandishing a claw hammer entered the Ladbrokes betting shop in Victoria Road, Lowestoft, last night shortly after 7.45pm. A police spokesman said the man asked for the takings from the lone bookmaker who refused and remotely operated the magnetic door to lock the man in.
However, the man used the claw hammer to smash his way out through the glass door. No money was stolen and the bookmaker was not hurt in the incident.
A 24-year-old man was later arrested and it has been announced today that has also been arrested on suspicion of the robbery at the One Stop store in Sands Lane in Oulton Broad on Sunday, November 29.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where he is being interviewed by officers.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact 01473 613500 and to ask for Lowestoft CID.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft