Attempted robbery in Lowestoft
A TWENTY-FOUR year-old man was in custody last night after an attempted robbery at a betting shop.A man brandishing a claw hammer entered the Ladbrokes betting shop in Victoria Road, Lowestoft, shortly after 7.45pm.
A TWENTY-FOUR year-old man is in custody after an attempted robbery at a betting shop.
A man brandishing a claw hammer entered the Ladbrokes betting shop in Victoria Road, Lowestoft, last night shortly after 7.45pm. A police spokesman said the man asked for the takings from the lone bookmaker who refused and remotely operated the magnetic door to lock the man in.
However, the man used the claw hammer to smash his way out through the glass door. No money was stolen and the bookmaker was not hurt in the incident.
A 24-year-old man was later arrested and it has been announced today that has also been arrested on suspicion of the robbery at the One Stop store in Sands Lane in Oulton Broad on Sunday, November 29.
He remains in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where he is being interviewed by officers.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact 01473 613500 and to ask for Lowestoft CID.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 4 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 5 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 6 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 9 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 10 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders