Attempted robbery in Lowestoft leads to police appeal
Police are appealing for information after an attempted robbery in Lowestoft earlier this month.
A 20-year-old man was walking along Surrey Street between 2.15am and 2.20am on Sunday July, 9 when he was approached by a man who initially asked to borrow his mobile phone.
When he said no, the man demanded other items from him before making an attempt to take the rucksack he was carrying off his back.
The 20-year-old kept walking and nothing was stolen.
The suspect is described as wearing dark bottoms and a lighter coloured jacket or hooded top – possibly grey or silver with two white stripes on the arm – which was not tucked in but hanging out underneath.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives investigating the attempted robbery are appealing for information and are particularly keen to trace two men and two women who were seen on CCTV walking behind the offender in London Road North just moments before the incident.
If this was you or if you were in the area around this time or have any information about the man involved please contact Lowestoft CID by calling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 47209/17.
- 1 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 2 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 3 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 6 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 7 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 8 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 9 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 10 Welcome to our new website