Attempted robbery in Lowestoft leads to police appeal
Police are appealing for information after an attempted robbery in Lowestoft earlier this month.
A 20-year-old man was walking along Surrey Street between 2.15am and 2.20am on Sunday July, 9 when he was approached by a man who initially asked to borrow his mobile phone.
When he said no, the man demanded other items from him before making an attempt to take the rucksack he was carrying off his back.
The 20-year-old kept walking and nothing was stolen.
The suspect is described as wearing dark bottoms and a lighter coloured jacket or hooded top – possibly grey or silver with two white stripes on the arm – which was not tucked in but hanging out underneath.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives investigating the attempted robbery are appealing for information and are particularly keen to trace two men and two women who were seen on CCTV walking behind the offender in London Road North just moments before the incident.
If this was you or if you were in the area around this time or have any information about the man involved please contact Lowestoft CID by calling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 47209/17.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street