Auction of Lowestoft Porcelain to be held
- Credit: Archant
A specialist auction of Lowestoft Porcelain will be held in the town of its manufacture next week.
More than 100 lots will be on display at the auction at the Hotel Victoria on Kirkley Cliff next Wednesday, October 25.
The auction of Lowestoft Porcelain starts at 7pm, with viewing from 2pm.
It is being organised by Zoë Sprake, whose late husband, Russell Sprake, used to hold auctions of 18th Century Lowestoft Porcelain in the town for 30 years. She started the sales a year after Mr Sprake's death.
Mrs Sprake said: 'The auction is being conducted by Elizabeth Talbot, of TW Gaze. A very rare tea bowl and saucer, with unusual Oriental style decoration, of cock and hen with chicks, and Mandarin figures, is one of the star lots in the annual Lowestoft Porcelain auction. A further 100 lots of china are on offer to suit all tastes with estimates ranging from £35 to over £5,000.'
You may also want to watch:
Visit lowestoftchina.co.uk for more details about the auction.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works