Author appeals for help
AN author is appealing for help compiling a book about life on a country estate. Halesworth-based writer Ann Gander wrote a successful book about the masters and servants of Somerleyton Hall, near Lowestoft, 10 years ago and is now looking for help with the sequel.
AN author is appealing for help compiling a book about life on a country estate.
Halesworth-based writer Ann Gander wrote a successful book about the masters and servants of Somerleyton Hall, near Lowestoft, 10 years ago and is now looking for help with the sequel.
She said that since the Hon Hugh Crossley took over the reins at the estate in 2004, she had been inspired to write a second book looking at the last 50 years.
'I was attracted to write about Somerleyton in the first place because it is a lived-in, evolving household and estate. Lord Somerleyton is now 80 years old, he has had a fantastic career including Lord in Waiting and Master of the Horse, and Lady Somerleyton had great success with her horses, in managing all the duties as lady of the hall, raising five children there and getting involved in local charities.'
You may also want to watch:
Contact Mrs Gander at 24 Church View, Holton, Halesworth, telephone 01986 875999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 3 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 9 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020