Author appeals for help
AN author is appealing for help compiling a book about life on a country estate. Halesworth-based writer Ann Gander wrote a successful book about the masters and servants of Somerleyton Hall, near Lowestoft, 10 years ago and is now looking for help with the sequel.
AN author is appealing for help compiling a book about life on a country estate.
Halesworth-based writer Ann Gander wrote a successful book about the masters and servants of Somerleyton Hall, near Lowestoft, 10 years ago and is now looking for help with the sequel.
She said that since the Hon Hugh Crossley took over the reins at the estate in 2004, she had been inspired to write a second book looking at the last 50 years.
'I was attracted to write about Somerleyton in the first place because it is a lived-in, evolving household and estate. Lord Somerleyton is now 80 years old, he has had a fantastic career including Lord in Waiting and Master of the Horse, and Lady Somerleyton had great success with her horses, in managing all the duties as lady of the hall, raising five children there and getting involved in local charities.'
You may also want to watch:
Contact Mrs Gander at 24 Church View, Holton, Halesworth, telephone 01986 875999 or email email@example.com
- 1 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 4 'A bit ridiculous': Environment Agency criticised after flood alert delay
- 5 Will Suffolk rubbish tip booking system remain permanently post-Covid?
- 6 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 7 Suspected counterfeit cigarettes seized from Lowestoft business
- 8 Former care home could be turned into supported housing
- 9 Designer sunglasses stolen from parked car
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary