Author encourages Lowestoft schoolchildren to get reading
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular children's author has told a group of enthusiastic Lowesftoft youngsters the importance of reading as many books as possible.
Megan Rix visited Poplars Primary School as part on a nation-wide wide tour to promote her latest book The Hero Pup, whcih tells the story of a Labrador puppy in need of a home.
The author, who based all her books on dogs, spoke to year three to five pupils about her work and held a question and answer session with them.
'Pupils asked her why she loved dogs so much and where her ideas came from?
She also told the pupils her top tip in becoming an author was reading as many books as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Megan, who used to train dogs for Helper Dogs, said: 'Poplars School in Lowestoft was my last school on a week-long tour and talk about going out with a bang.
'The school was welcoming and friendly and the children were so enthusiastic and excited.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 4 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 5 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 6 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 9 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out
'It's always wonderful to meet your readers and I've had quite a few emails from the children over the weekend who seemed to really enjoy the presentation.
'I love sharing with the children my passion for dogs and the amazing things they can do with a little training.
'My book The Hero Pup is particularly close to my heart because it's about an assistance dog, called Patch, in training from puppy selection until graduation'.
It is Megan's sixth book, with several having a war theme as well.