Author encourages Lowestoft schoolchildren to get reading
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular children's author has told a group of enthusiastic Lowesftoft youngsters the importance of reading as many books as possible.
Megan Rix visited Poplars Primary School as part on a nation-wide wide tour to promote her latest book The Hero Pup, whcih tells the story of a Labrador puppy in need of a home.
The author, who based all her books on dogs, spoke to year three to five pupils about her work and held a question and answer session with them.
'Pupils asked her why she loved dogs so much and where her ideas came from?
She also told the pupils her top tip in becoming an author was reading as many books as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Megan, who used to train dogs for Helper Dogs, said: 'Poplars School in Lowestoft was my last school on a week-long tour and talk about going out with a bang.
'The school was welcoming and friendly and the children were so enthusiastic and excited.
- 1 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 4 'A bit ridiculous': Environment Agency criticised after flood alert delay
- 5 Will Suffolk rubbish tip booking system remain permanently post-Covid?
- 6 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 7 Suspected counterfeit cigarettes seized from Lowestoft business
- 8 Former care home could be turned into supported housing
- 9 Designer sunglasses stolen from parked car
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
'It's always wonderful to meet your readers and I've had quite a few emails from the children over the weekend who seemed to really enjoy the presentation.
'I love sharing with the children my passion for dogs and the amazing things they can do with a little training.
'My book The Hero Pup is particularly close to my heart because it's about an assistance dog, called Patch, in training from puppy selection until graduation'.
It is Megan's sixth book, with several having a war theme as well.