Author to speak about history of Premier League football clubs
- Credit: Archant
A man who has discovered that 12 Premier League football clubs owe their existence to the church will be the guest speaker at a special event in Lowestoft next month.
Peter Lupson, author of 'Thank God for football,' will address an audience at London Road Baptist Church on Saturday, October 7.
The event is being organised by Rev. Emily Twigg, one of the ministers at the church and the manager of their 'Message On The Ball' (MOTB) football academy, and Ashley Langner, the head coach of MOTB, who said: 'Not everyone knows that 12 Premier League football clubs were started by churches, including the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
Mr Lupson will be joined by the former Norwich City Football Club Chaplain, Rev Bert Cadmore, to reveal how and why local churches set up these clubs, how they evolved into the clubs they are today, and the role Christians play in the professional footballing world.
'An evening with Peter Lupson is a fantastic opportunity for local people to hear about the history of some well-known premiership clubs, and the link between football and the church,' a church spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
An evening with Peter Lupson is at London Road Baptist Church in Kirkley Park Road on October 7, at 7.30pm, costing £2 per person. For more information email email@example.com or call 01502 514091.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft