Award for school in Southwold recognises commitment to arts and culture
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at a school in Southwold have been recognised for their commitment to arts and culture in the classroom.
St Felix School has joined 'Artsmark Award', after providing students with a high quality art and cultural education.
Artsmark schools are able to access additional resources to help them develop and strengthen their arts provision.
Fran D'Alcorn, headmistress, said: 'I am delighted that the strength and talents of the creative arts departments throughout the school have been recognised in this way.
'We will continue to develop our arts provision in the future and look forward to our students achieving greater success.'
You may also want to watch:
Darren Henley, chief executive of Arts Council England – which co-ordinates Artsmark – said: 'I would like to congratulate St Felix School on joining Artsmark Award and welcome them into our growing family of Artsmark schools.
'To become an Artsmark School, St Felix School had to demonstrate its dedication to the arts.
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 5 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 9 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 10 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
'It has put together an ambitious plan which will ensure each of its pupils is given the opportunity to explore and build a love of the arts that will remain with them as they go through adult life.'
For more information, contact 01502 722175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.