Bag packing event in memory of popular teenager raises money in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
BAG PACK: An annual bag packing event has been hailed a success after raising money in memory of teenager Daniel Felstead.
Tony and Jackie Felstead have thanked everyone for their help and support as they managed to raise £1761.63 through the bag pack, a clairvoyant evening and raffle held at Lowestoft Town Football Club and collection buckets at various pubs in the town.
The money will go to the Beach Radio's Help an East Coast Child Appeal.
Nine years ago, Daniel Felstead was killed in a hit and run collision in Corton Long Lane.
His parents are committed to keeping the memory of their son alive in the town, and regularly raise money for important causes.
You may also want to watch:
'We have raised a fabulous amount, in Daniel's memory, for a brilliant cause,' Mrs Felstead said.
'It was a joint effort and everyone helped to muck in. I want to say big thank you to April, Toni, Julie, Phil and Julie for all their hard work in helping us.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 6 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 9 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
'I would also like to thank Steven Treadaway and Lowestoft Town FC for the clairvoyant evening, Sue Egan at Tesco Gunton for letting us go in store and the Britten Centre for allowing us do a collection.'
Mrs Felstead also thanked local businesses and family and friends for donating raffle prizes and the 'lovely people' in pubs and clubs who put money in the collection buckets to 'raise a staggering amount.'