Ball to be held in Lowestoft to boost children’s hospice charity
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are still on sale for a black tie ball event, which is being held in Oulton.
Manorcourt Homecare – part of the Healthcare Homes Group – is inviting local people to buy tickets for a black tie ball at the Parkhill Hotel in Oulton, near Lowestoft to help raise funds and support for the Demelza Children's Hospice in Kent.
The black tie ball is being held this Friday, September 23 from 7pm until late. Tickets are available for adults and children and will cost £10 and £5 respectively.
As well as a buffet, the evening will include live music from the Austin Beats, a photo booth that will provide free instant photos, a bouncy castle, a popcorn machine and a candyfloss stall. To help raise extra funds, there will also be a raffle with a superb star prize of two return flights to New York, kindly donated by Virgin Atlantic.
The Demelza Children's Hospice has a particularly poignant place in the heart of Janice King, operations director at Manorcourt Homecare, since it is a charity that supported her grandson, Marshall, before he sadly died in December last year at the age of 12.
You may also want to watch:
'My grandson Marshall was born with acute needs which meant he was faced with issues such as blindness and brain development issues', explained Janice. 'As a result of his needs, he attended the Demelza Hospice for at least 10 to 14 days a year to benefit from their fantastic range of therapies and support. The hospice was a huge help not only to Marshall, but also to his mother, my daughter. It's a real honour that Manorcourt is supporting this charity, which has a very special place in my heart.'
The event has also received the kind support from a number of local businesses, and is sponsored by Worldwide Site Services Ltd, Autotech Garage Services and Manorcourt Homecare.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
? To buy tickets for the black tie ball event, contact Hannah Barley on 01502 508443, 07531 035407 or email email@example.com