Bangfest gets go-ahead in Somerleyton
A MUSIC festival which is going to be held at a country estate near Lowestoft has been given the go-ahead.Plans have been drawn up for Bangfest to take place at the Somerleyton Estate on August 29 and 30, offering jungle, drum and bass, electro and techno music to about 1,500 revellers.
A MUSIC festival which is going to be held at a country estate near Lowestoft has been given the go-ahead.
Plans have been drawn up for Bangfest to take place at the Somerleyton Estate on August 29 and 30, offering jungle, drum and bass, electro and techno music to about 1,500 revellers.
Waveney District Council's environmental protection officers yesterday (Monday) granted a licence for the event in addition to three conditions relating to the monitoring of noise levels.
The event starts at 1pm on the Saturday, with live music in the afternoon and evening and two tents playing music from 11pm to about 4am.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers last week moved to reassure villagers that they will not be disturbed by noise from the event as the frequency will be carefully monitored around the site.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 3 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 9 Charity behind music festival launches lockdown support group
- 10 Missing man found safe and well