Bangfest gets go-ahead in Somerleyton
A MUSIC festival which is going to be held at a country estate near Lowestoft has been given the go-ahead.Plans have been drawn up for Bangfest to take place at the Somerleyton Estate on August 29 and 30, offering jungle, drum and bass, electro and techno music to about 1,500 revellers.
A MUSIC festival which is going to be held at a country estate near Lowestoft has been given the go-ahead.
Plans have been drawn up for Bangfest to take place at the Somerleyton Estate on August 29 and 30, offering jungle, drum and bass, electro and techno music to about 1,500 revellers.
Waveney District Council's environmental protection officers yesterday (Monday) granted a licence for the event in addition to three conditions relating to the monitoring of noise levels.
The event starts at 1pm on the Saturday, with live music in the afternoon and evening and two tents playing music from 11pm to about 4am.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers last week moved to reassure villagers that they will not be disturbed by noise from the event as the frequency will be carefully monitored around the site.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown