Barn blaze takes hold at Halesworth farm
A barn housing animals and straw at a farm near Halesworth was engulfed by flames today.Fire crews were called to Town Farm on Linstead Parva Road in Chediston at midday.
A barn housing animals and straw at a farm near Halesworth was engulfed by flames today.
Fire crews were called to Town Farm on Linstead Parva Road in Chediston at midday.
The barn, which housed about 80 tonnes of straw on one side and livestock on the other, was well alight when fire crews arrived. All the animals, believed to be horses, had been moved out by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.
Crews who were called from Halesworth, Bungay, Harleston and Stradbroke, worked to protect the surrounding properties standing near the barn. A horse box and tractor were also inside the barn, that was about 25m by 20m.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 10 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in