Barn blaze takes hold at Halesworth farm
A barn housing animals and straw at a farm near Halesworth was engulfed by flames today.Fire crews were called to Town Farm on Linstead Parva Road in Chediston at midday.
A barn housing animals and straw at a farm near Halesworth was engulfed by flames today.
Fire crews were called to Town Farm on Linstead Parva Road in Chediston at midday.
The barn, which housed about 80 tonnes of straw on one side and livestock on the other, was well alight when fire crews arrived. All the animals, believed to be horses, had been moved out by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.
Crews who were called from Halesworth, Bungay, Harleston and Stradbroke, worked to protect the surrounding properties standing near the barn. A horse box and tractor were also inside the barn, that was about 25m by 20m.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: Arsonist, burglar and drug dealer all behind bars
- 4 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 5 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Trio bailed following arrests outside petrol station
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Coronavirus jabs rolled out to people aged 56 to 59