Majestic barn owl win The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph capturing a barn owl majestically landing on a fence post in the early morning light has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The shot was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett at Carlton Marshes at around 6am on May Day Bank Holiday using a Canon EOS-1D Mark II.
Mr Tomsett said: 'To get the shot I have been going to the same spot for a week as I had seen owls land on the post. Eventually I got lucky.
'I am really pleased to have won, I am proud of the photograph.
'The fact it's backlit with the sun rising behind the owl, you see the details of the feathers.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend