Majestic barn owl win The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph capturing a barn owl majestically landing on a fence post in the early morning light has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The shot was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett at Carlton Marshes at around 6am on May Day Bank Holiday using a Canon EOS-1D Mark II.
Mr Tomsett said: 'To get the shot I have been going to the same spot for a week as I had seen owls land on the post. Eventually I got lucky.
'I am really pleased to have won, I am proud of the photograph.
'The fact it's backlit with the sun rising behind the owl, you see the details of the feathers.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 How well do you know Lowestoft?