Bridge reopens following collision between car and cyclist
- Credit: Archant
A town centre bridge has fully reopened following a crash between a car and a cyclist.
One lane of the Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft was closed for more than three hours after the collision.
The incident happened on Saturday morning and caused long delays in the town centre.
Police also shut London Road South in Lowestoft but a spokesman for Suffolk Police said the closure was related to the same incident.
Firefighters also attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how serious the injuries the cyclist suffered were.
A red BMW remained at the scene on Saturday morning next to a police car while a bike could be seen on its side on the central reservation.
- 1 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise