Work to demolish Battery Green car park stops for Christmas break
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Work to demolish a Lowestoft car park has halted for the Christmas break.
Contractors removing Battery Green car park broke up for Christmas at lunchtime today.
The team will return to finish the work on Monday, January 8.
A ground level surface car park is set to replace the current structure until future development plans are reached.
The project began on November 13 with the work scheduled to be completed within 13 weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Waveney District Council announced the closure car park in December 2016, with the facility finally closing on March 31 this year.
Scaffolding has been installed around the facility to secure the outside as contractors take the building apart with parts of the footpath closed to the public.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 6 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 7 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 New venture for 'beautiful' seafront B&B
What do you think about the removal of Battery Green Car Park? Email your thoughts to email@example.com or write to Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB