Work to demolish Battery Green car park stops for Christmas break
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Work to demolish a Lowestoft car park has halted for the Christmas break.
Contractors removing Battery Green car park broke up for Christmas at lunchtime today.
The team will return to finish the work on Monday, January 8.
A ground level surface car park is set to replace the current structure until future development plans are reached.
The project began on November 13 with the work scheduled to be completed within 13 weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Waveney District Council announced the closure car park in December 2016, with the facility finally closing on March 31 this year.
Scaffolding has been installed around the facility to secure the outside as contractors take the building apart with parts of the footpath closed to the public.
- 1 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 2 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
What do you think about the removal of Battery Green Car Park? Email your thoughts to email@example.com or write to Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB