Work to demolish Battery Green car park stops for Christmas break
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Work to demolish a Lowestoft car park has halted for the Christmas break.
Contractors removing Battery Green car park broke up for Christmas at lunchtime today.
The team will return to finish the work on Monday, January 8.
A ground level surface car park is set to replace the current structure until future development plans are reached.
The project began on November 13 with the work scheduled to be completed within 13 weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Waveney District Council announced the closure car park in December 2016, with the facility finally closing on March 31 this year.
Scaffolding has been installed around the facility to secure the outside as contractors take the building apart with parts of the footpath closed to the public.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
What do you think about the removal of Battery Green Car Park? Email your thoughts to email@example.com or write to Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB