Temporary car park opens to replace demolished multi-storey
- Credit: Archant
A temporary car park has opened in Lowestoft on the former site of a multi-storey car park as the long term future of the location remains unknown.
The 59 space car park opened earlier this week in place of the recently demolished Battery Green car park.
It replaces the 550 space multi-storey structure and includes six dedicated disabled bays, new lighting and pay and display machines.
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'As part of the demolition and redevelopment of the old Battery Green site it was always our intention to open a temporary car park as we consider longer term options for the future of the site.
'We are delighted that this is now open, providing visitors to Lowestoft with further parking options prior to the summer season.'
You may also want to watch:
The car park will have a maximum stay of three hours, priced at £1.20 per hour.
Permit and season ticket use is not permitted on the site.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 10 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response