Temporary car park opens to replace demolished multi-storey
- Credit: Archant
A temporary car park has opened in Lowestoft on the former site of a multi-storey car park as the long term future of the location remains unknown.
The 59 space car park opened earlier this week in place of the recently demolished Battery Green car park.
It replaces the 550 space multi-storey structure and includes six dedicated disabled bays, new lighting and pay and display machines.
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'As part of the demolition and redevelopment of the old Battery Green site it was always our intention to open a temporary car park as we consider longer term options for the future of the site.
'We are delighted that this is now open, providing visitors to Lowestoft with further parking options prior to the summer season.'
You may also want to watch:
The car park will have a maximum stay of three hours, priced at £1.20 per hour.
Permit and season ticket use is not permitted on the site.
- 1 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 2 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 3 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 4 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 5 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Hunt for biker continues after cyclist seriously hurt in Lowestoft crash
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes