Broadcaster delights audience with ‘wonderful’ talk
- Credit: Archant
A popular radio presenter shared tales of his 20-year career in broadcasting at a meeting of the Rotary Club of Lowestoft East Point.
Lowestoft-born Zeb Soanes, who now lives in London, was the guest speaker at a club meeting at the Hotel Victoria last week.
Club members and a significant number of guests and visitors – including several members of the Soanes family from this area – listened intently to his 'wonderful address.'
Mr Soanes shared some childhood memories in Lowestoft and then took everyone on a whistle stop tour through his career which, for the last 20 years has been as a broadcaster with the BBC. He often reads the news headlines and the shipping forecast on Radio 4, as well as being the news headline voice on The News Quiz. He included some audio clips from some of the shows he has been involved with, including some very funny clips of broadcasters getting the giggles when presenting very serious matters.
Mr Soanes spoke about a number of famous people who he has met and/or interviewed including Royalty, politicians, authors and personalities from the world of sport and entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the day Zeb had visited the local Samaritans group and shared with the audience some of the issues facing the organisation locally. The Rotary Club is now investigating how it may be able to help.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted