Broadcaster delights audience with ‘wonderful’ talk
- Credit: Archant
A popular radio presenter shared tales of his 20-year career in broadcasting at a meeting of the Rotary Club of Lowestoft East Point.
Lowestoft-born Zeb Soanes, who now lives in London, was the guest speaker at a club meeting at the Hotel Victoria last week.
Club members and a significant number of guests and visitors – including several members of the Soanes family from this area – listened intently to his 'wonderful address.'
Mr Soanes shared some childhood memories in Lowestoft and then took everyone on a whistle stop tour through his career which, for the last 20 years has been as a broadcaster with the BBC. He often reads the news headlines and the shipping forecast on Radio 4, as well as being the news headline voice on The News Quiz. He included some audio clips from some of the shows he has been involved with, including some very funny clips of broadcasters getting the giggles when presenting very serious matters.
Mr Soanes spoke about a number of famous people who he has met and/or interviewed including Royalty, politicians, authors and personalities from the world of sport and entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the day Zeb had visited the local Samaritans group and shared with the audience some of the issues facing the organisation locally. The Rotary Club is now investigating how it may be able to help.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 8 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney