Beach, coast or sea - think 999 Coastguard
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new coastal safety website has been launched ahead of the busy summer period.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency has unveiled the new coastal safety website – which features the vital message of beach, coast or sea - think 999 Coastguard.
Designed to help people enjoy the coast safely, and to find out more about the Coastguard, the new safety guide is full of tips to keep the public out of trouble.
It states: 'It's great to spend a day out at the coast or seaside. Whether you like cliff walks, water sports or just soaking up the sunshine on a beach, there's something for everyone. But sea and coastal conditions can change fast and you can get into trouble before you know it.'
If you get into difficulties, or you see someone else in trouble, call 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.gov.uk/coastguardsafety to find out more about the vital safety information.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft