Popular beach volleyball tournament to return
- Credit: Mick Howes
Lowestoft seafront will provide the perfect sporting backdrop this weekend as a popular tournament returns to town.
Teams of three players from across Suffolk and Norfolk will take to the sands to compete in Lowestoft's annual beach volleyball tournament on Saturday, June 30.
Players will compete in the all-day tournament on south beach, which runs from 9.30am. Open to men and women of all ages, the tournament is held on the sands south of Claremont Pier.
The teams will battle it out in 3v3 matches, with three divisions – novice, intermediate and advanced standard players (upper local league and above) – all catered for.
More than 30 teams regularly take part in the tournament, which has been organised by the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) laboratory in Pakefield for many years.
You may also want to watch:
If there is bad weather on Saturday, a reserve day has been set aside for the tournament on Sunday, July 1.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van