Beast from the East: Awesome aerial shots capture snow-covered Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East swept across the region overnight leaving a thick blanket of snow over everything in its path.
These awesome aerial shots were taken by Jeyan Chandra, from Carlton Colville, and show the wide-reaching impact of the snow across Lowestoft and its surrounding areas.
When the 36-year-old awoke this morning he jumped at the chance to fire up his drone and see what he could capture.
He said: 'Anytime I have a day off I like to take the drone out.
'It has been a hobby of mine for the past few months.'
You may also want to watch:
This is the first time Mr Chandra has had the opportunity to use the equipment in the snow.
He said: 'They say not to use the drone when the temperature drops to the minuses so I didn't fly it far.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
'I am so happy I did though and got some very nice photos.'