Beautiful beach shot with dog at the shore wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This sunny beach shot taken at Covehithe has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by Maxine Clarke of Pakefield, a part-time teacher at Blundeston Primary School, while out for a morning walk with her parents and the dogs.
She said: 'I really enjoy walking the dogs with them on my days off and since it is now the summer holidays I can do that every day! My parent's dog Fletcher features in the background behind the fallen tree. He is also a winner, and was awarded the title of 'Weimaraner Of The Year' a few months ago, in April. He is an absolute live wire and loves nothing better than a charge along the shoreline when he is not running around in the show ring.
'He is well used to having his picture taken in the formal show pose but I particularly like this shot as he is looking so relaxed and natural.'
As our winner, Maxine receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy