Beautiful butterfly is Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This colourful photo of a butterfly resting on flowers at Strumpshaw was won our Picture of the Week.
Chris Smy, who is retired and lives in Pakefield, used his Canon camera to capture the shot on June 1.
He said: 'It was on a day out in Strumpshaw taking photos, I knew the swallow tail should be about but luck was on my side and after a long walk I found them.
'It's great to win and makes it all worthwhile.
'Who cannot like this beautiful butterfly.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Smy receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street