Beautiful butterfly lands to secure photographic prize
- Credit: Archant
It is a year-round haven for wildlife.
And a recent trip to the 'beautiful' Norfolk Wildlife Trust reserve at Hickling Broad has landed one keen amateur photographer with a special first.
For Ricky Cone, of Oulton Broad, has won our popular Picture of the Week competition with this stunning photo of a painted lady butterfly.
Mr Cone, of Gilpin Road, was delighted with his first time win. He said: 'I have never been to Hickling before – it's a beautiful place.
'There were lots of people there taking pictures, and there was lots of interest in the painted lady butterfly and a swallowtail. They obviously knew it was a special place for them, so it was lovely to see them and get close enough to get a clear photo like this – I was delighted,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a lovely visit and I will certainly go back again.'
As our winner, Mr Cone receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.