Beautiful butterfly lands to secure photographic prize
- Credit: Archant
It is a year-round haven for wildlife.
And a recent trip to the 'beautiful' Norfolk Wildlife Trust reserve at Hickling Broad has landed one keen amateur photographer with a special first.
For Ricky Cone, of Oulton Broad, has won our popular Picture of the Week competition with this stunning photo of a painted lady butterfly.
Mr Cone, of Gilpin Road, was delighted with his first time win. He said: 'I have never been to Hickling before – it's a beautiful place.
'There were lots of people there taking pictures, and there was lots of interest in the painted lady butterfly and a swallowtail. They obviously knew it was a special place for them, so it was lovely to see them and get close enough to get a clear photo like this – I was delighted,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a lovely visit and I will certainly go back again.'
As our winner, Mr Cone receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 9 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.