Beccles schoolboy in Maltings show
A BECCLES schoolboy has been chosen to sing the treble solo in Benjamin Britten's Te Deum in C, when it is performed in Snape Maltings on Sunday.Jamie Minns will join the Britten-Pears Chamber Choir and the Britten Sinfonia.
A BECCLES schoolboy has been chosen to sing the treble solo in Benjamin Britten's Te Deum in C, when it is performed in Snape Maltings on Sunday.
Jamie Minns will join the Britten-Pears Chamber Choir and the Britten Sinfonia.
Jamie was selected by the choir's conductor Ralph Woodward, from a group of children from four Suffolk Schools, who are also singing in the concert.
It is believed that this will be the first performance of the Te Deum in Snape Maltings, as there is no record of it having been sung there before.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Kildea, internationally acclaimed Australian conductor and former head of music at the Aldeburgh Festival, produced a new edition of it in 2001.
The work was originally composed by Britten when he was only 20 years old, in l934, in two versions: one for choir and organ, the other for choir, harp and strings, the latter being the one to be performed.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 7 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
The evening's progamme will also include the Faur� Requiem and the Durufl� Requiem.
Soloists for these works are Diana Moore, mezzo soprano and Robin Moore, baritone.
The concert is at 7pm. Tickets at �18, �15 and �12 are available from Aldeburgh Music box office on 01728 687110.