Beccles teenager Jasmin targets Miss Teen Queen UK prize
A BECCLES teenager is dreaming of beauty pageant success after making the heats of the Miss Teen Queen UK competition.
Jasmin Clark, 17, has made it through to the public vote section of the competition, with the chance of representing the country in an international pageant, appearing at Clothes Show Live in Birmingham, and flying to Africa to help in a village school in the Volta Region of Ghana.
Mum Tracey Clark said her daughter was shocked to get through this stage as she had to beat thousands of other entrants.
She added that Jasmin, who is in the Lowestoft Sea Cadets, was particularly keen to help the charity-side of the contest.
'This pageant does a lot of charity work, and I know if Jasmin makes it into the final, she would like to do some local charity work to raise money for the sea cadets,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
Jasmin currently studies at Lowestoft College and works at McDonalds as a customer care assistant.
She has previously attended Crowfoot Primary, Beccles Middle and Sir John Leman High School.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
The heats are judged on a public vote, which closes on May 31.
Visit www.missteenqueenuk.com for details.