Beccles teenager Jasmin targets Miss Teen Queen UK prize
A BECCLES teenager is dreaming of beauty pageant success after making the heats of the Miss Teen Queen UK competition.
Jasmin Clark, 17, has made it through to the public vote section of the competition, with the chance of representing the country in an international pageant, appearing at Clothes Show Live in Birmingham, and flying to Africa to help in a village school in the Volta Region of Ghana.
Mum Tracey Clark said her daughter was shocked to get through this stage as she had to beat thousands of other entrants.
She added that Jasmin, who is in the Lowestoft Sea Cadets, was particularly keen to help the charity-side of the contest.
'This pageant does a lot of charity work, and I know if Jasmin makes it into the final, she would like to do some local charity work to raise money for the sea cadets,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
Jasmin currently studies at Lowestoft College and works at McDonalds as a customer care assistant.
She has previously attended Crowfoot Primary, Beccles Middle and Sir John Leman High School.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
The heats are judged on a public vote, which closes on May 31.
Visit www.missteenqueenuk.com for details.