While Sam and Chris were travelling across Australia in 2004, they thought about forming a band. On their return they recruited Jonny on synthesisers and started to practice.
Genre: Electronic / indie
Covers or Originals: Originals
Website: www.myspace.com/bejebus and on Facebook
You may also want to watch:
Who's in the band?
Sam Pike (25) - Lead singer and guitarist
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 8 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
Jonny Hawes (26) - Synthesisers and backing vocals
Chris Gates (25) Drums and backing vocals
When and how did it all start?
While Sam and Chris were travelling across Australia in 2004, they thought about forming a band. On their return they recruited Jonny on synthesisers and started to practice. We practised for a year before we felt that the songs were good enough to gig with and had the confidence to perform.
How did you decide on your name?
It was an idea of a friend of a friend. Its bit of a random name, but one hopefully people remember. When its googled, the band is the first thing that comes up
What was your first gig?
The Crown in Haddiscoe
What band is your biggest influence?
Have you released any EPs or albums?
In 2007 we self-financed our own album, entitled Breathe Again EP. We have spent 10 months working on a five track EP, called Entrance/Exit EP, that we will be releasing ourselves in April. You can hear all of our songs at our MySpace site.
What's your favourite song to perform?
At the moment it is If I See You Again.
What's the best gig you've ever done?
Our best gig was at The Clapham Grand in London in February 2007. It was a great venue with a really good crowd. Sometimes everything just falls into place, and at this gig it really did.
Where's your next gig?
Our next gig is at the B2 in Norwich on March 4. We have recently had two really good gigs at the UEA and Norwich Arts Centre and are now currently booking dates around the release of our EP. Since 2005 we have played all over the country, including Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, and a countless number in London.
If you could support any band in the world, who would it be?
What are your hopes for the future?
To attract more people who like and appreciate the music we make.
What would be your dream venue to perform?
It would be great to play in a Greek Amphitheatre.
Your band summed up in three words:
Electronic, Intelligent, Different
t If you are a local band or singer-songwriter and want to be profiled in Sounds of the East Coast, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 525834.