While Sam and Chris were travelling across Australia in 2004, they thought about forming a band. On their return they recruited Jonny on synthesisers and started to practice.
Genre: Electronic / indie
Covers or Originals: Originals
Website: www.myspace.com/bejebus and on Facebook
You may also want to watch:
Who's in the band?
Sam Pike (25) - Lead singer and guitarist
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
Jonny Hawes (26) - Synthesisers and backing vocals
Chris Gates (25) Drums and backing vocals
When and how did it all start?
While Sam and Chris were travelling across Australia in 2004, they thought about forming a band. On their return they recruited Jonny on synthesisers and started to practice. We practised for a year before we felt that the songs were good enough to gig with and had the confidence to perform.
How did you decide on your name?
It was an idea of a friend of a friend. Its bit of a random name, but one hopefully people remember. When its googled, the band is the first thing that comes up
What was your first gig?
The Crown in Haddiscoe
What band is your biggest influence?
Have you released any EPs or albums?
In 2007 we self-financed our own album, entitled Breathe Again EP. We have spent 10 months working on a five track EP, called Entrance/Exit EP, that we will be releasing ourselves in April. You can hear all of our songs at our MySpace site.
What's your favourite song to perform?
At the moment it is If I See You Again.
What's the best gig you've ever done?
Our best gig was at The Clapham Grand in London in February 2007. It was a great venue with a really good crowd. Sometimes everything just falls into place, and at this gig it really did.
Where's your next gig?
Our next gig is at the B2 in Norwich on March 4. We have recently had two really good gigs at the UEA and Norwich Arts Centre and are now currently booking dates around the release of our EP. Since 2005 we have played all over the country, including Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, and a countless number in London.
If you could support any band in the world, who would it be?
What are your hopes for the future?
To attract more people who like and appreciate the music we make.
What would be your dream venue to perform?
It would be great to play in a Greek Amphitheatre.
Your band summed up in three words:
Electronic, Intelligent, Different
t If you are a local band or singer-songwriter and want to be profiled in Sounds of the East Coast, email email@example.com or call 01502 525834.