Better manners needed
WHY is it that many people in authority appear to have bad manners these days?Outside my home, attached to a lamp post, is a sign which reads 'Designated poop scoop area.
WHY is it that many people in authority appear to have bad manners these days?
Outside my home, attached to a lamp post, is a sign which reads 'Designated poop scoop area.'
I have no problem with that, underneath it has in bold letters 'Clean it up'. Why not 'Clean it up please'?
I drove through a village and a large sign lit up 'Drive slowly through the village'. Why not 'Drive slowly through the village please'.
I was raised to be good mannered as I have raised my children to be good mannered.
Why do some people feel that they have the arrogance to be bad mannered to the general public. Do they not realise that the word 'please' attached to the sign will give it much more authority?
- 1 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 2 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 3 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 4 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 5 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 6 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 9 High drama and wise words as First Light Festival returns
- 10 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look