Big screen treats with Wind of the Willows at the Marina Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Ballet, musical performances and top entertainment on the big screen can be enjoyed at the Marina Theatre in the week ahead.
The eclectic mix kicks off on Friday, March 30, with Wind of the Willows - The New Musical to be shown on the big screen at 3pm and 7pm.
Brought to life by Oscar-winning screenwriter and creator of Downton Abbey Julian Fellowes, and Olivier-award winning composer and lyricist George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, The Wind in the Willows will delight audiences of all ages.
Captured live from the London Palladium and featuring eye-poppingly beautiful design, the show brings exuberant choreography, a gloriously British score, comedy heart and thrills.
Tickets are £20, £18 for concessions, £17 for Privilege Card holders, with groups of 10 plus at £10 each.
You may also want to watch:
Following The Wind in the Willows is a screening of Messiah, from the Bristol Old Vic at 3pm on Monday, April 2.
Inspired by Handel's profound religious masterpiece, this acclaimed Bristol Old Vic production provides a rare chance to experience a powerfully dramatic account of Messiah and to rediscover the intense spirituality of its many well-known arias and choruses, with all seats costing £10.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
The big screen entertainment does not stop there, Finding Your Feet, a heart-warming comedy with an all-star cast including Imelda Staunton, Timothy Spall and Joanna Lumley, will be shown at 2.30pm and 7.30pm on April 3, 6 and 7 and at 7.30pm only on April 4.
The week then concludes in style as Islands in the Stream hits the stage on Thursday, April 5 at 7.30pm.
This thigh-slapping stage show brings together the beloved glamour and personality of Dolly Parton, along with Kenny Roger's charisma and energy with hit after hit including: Jolene, Ruby, 9 to 5, Lucille, Here You Come Again, The Gambler, I Will Always Love You, Coward of the Country, plus the smash hit Islands in the Stream.
Leave your 9 to 5 worries at the door and get ready for a night in the company of Country Music Royalty!
Tickets are £21, £19 for concessions, and £18.50 for privilege card holders.
To book, call the box office on 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk.