Bin collection dates across Waveney to change over Christmas and New Year
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Bin collection days for Waveney residents are set to change over the festive period.
Waveney District Council (WDC) will soon be distributing Christmas bin hangers to provide details about wheeled bin collections between Christmas and New Year.
During the weeks beginning December 25, 2017, and January 1, 2018, collections will take place on an alternate basis as usual – black or blue and green where subscribed.
Residents are asked to present the appropriate bin out to be collected on the dates shown on their bin hanger.
The council is also asking residents to ensure their bin is out by 6am on the day of collection as collection crew may come at different times to normal.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Catchpole, WDC's cabinet member for operational partnerships, said: 'Our partners Waveney Norse work hard during the Christmas period to ensure that the frequency of collections is retained, despite the bank holidays.
'Residents are advised to check their bin hanger for any changes to their usual collections over the festive period and to also ensure the correct waste is placed into each bin.'
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
He added: 'Much of the extra waste which households generate at Christmas, such as wrapping paper and Christmas cards, can be easily recycled in the blue bin whilst food waste should be home composted if possible or placed in the black bin.'
Normal collections will resume on Monday, January 8, 2018.
To check when your bin is due to be emptied at any time of the year or to see which bin is due to be collected visit www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/waste