Bin collections, swimming lessons and careers fair cancelled due to severe weather
- Credit: Archant
Rubbish collections, swimming lessons, and school events were cancelled as the Beast from the East continues to grip Waveney.
Waveney District Council said that the collections due for Thursday, March 1, have been cancelled.
This is due to the treacherous conditions underfoot and to ensure crew safety.
The council advised customers to leave their bins out if they have a collection scheduled and added that they will attempt to catch up over the next few days, weather permitting.
Sentinel Leisure Trust, which manages and operates a number of leisure sites on behalf of Waveney District Council, Suffolk County Council and Great Yarmouth Borough Council again cancelled all swimming lessons.
You may also want to watch:
They posted on Twitter: 'Due to local weather warnings and current conditions, and as we prioritise customer and staff safety, we have taken the decision to cancel all swimming lessons until further notice.
'All sites are open at present however this may change depending on staff availability and managers views on access/safety to their sites.'
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
The careers fair scheduled to take place at Ormiston Denes Academy on Friday, March 2, was also cancelled on Thursday morning.
The school said on twitter: 'The careers fair scheduled for tomorrow, Friday 2nd March, has been postponed. It will be rescheduled for 27th April 2018. Further details will follow. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.'