Bin collections resume
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
BIN collections have resumed across Waveney and Suffolk Coastal areas today.
Workers are emptying rubbish and recycling bins but there will be no food and garden waste bins collected in either district.
Bins not emptied last Friday will be collected and the teams will also be working flat out to catch up with bins not emptied yesterday, when the service was cancelled in both districts.
A spokesman for Suffolk Coastal District Council said the garden and food waste service has been cancelled so that all resources could be concentrated on collecting the household rubbish and recyclables bins.
She added: 'We would ask residents to continue putting out their rubbish and recyclables bins on their normal day as the teams will be working flat out to get all rounds back on schedule.
You may also want to watch:
'We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the icy weather.'
- 1 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 2 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 3 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 4 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 5 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 6 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 7 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 8 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner