Care home opens doors to public to celebrate Queen’s 92nd birthday
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft care home is set to host an Alice in Wonderland-themed open day to commemorate the Queen's 92nd birthday.
Britten Court, in Love Road, is opening its doors to the public on Friday, April 20, from 11am to 5pm.
The royal-inspired event is also in celebration of Care Home Open Day - a countrywide initiative to create lasting relationships between care homes and communities.
With homemade crowns at the ready and a visit from a group of miniature donkeys the Mad Hatter's tea party looks set to be one to remember.
Manager Chloe Swarbrick said: ''At Britten Court, we're always looking for ways to get to know our neighbours better and build relationships with the local community.
You may also want to watch:
'We look forward to welcoming the people of Lowestoft for what promises to be another fantastic open day.'
For more information on Care Home Open Day at Britten Court, please call home manager Chloe Swarbrick, on 0333 321 1984, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat