Black and white shot of Excelsior wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful black and white photo showing the Excelsior leaving her home harbour in Lowestoft was taken by 47-year-old Andrew Kett.
Mt Kett, from Blythburgh, used his Pentax K5 to shoot the picture.
He said: 'I knew Excelsior would be having a sailing day from Lowestoft on Sunday as it was in their sailing calendar, I waited by the harbour wall for an hour whilst she was being prepared for the day.
'I like the image myself because it combines both old an modern industry in Lowestoft and shows that Lowestoft is still a working port. Also I can imagine the excitement building with the sailors as they prepare to leave harbour.'
As our winner, Mr Kett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction