Black and white shot of Excelsior wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful black and white photo showing the Excelsior leaving her home harbour in Lowestoft was taken by 47-year-old Andrew Kett.
Mt Kett, from Blythburgh, used his Pentax K5 to shoot the picture.
He said: 'I knew Excelsior would be having a sailing day from Lowestoft on Sunday as it was in their sailing calendar, I waited by the harbour wall for an hour whilst she was being prepared for the day.
'I like the image myself because it combines both old an modern industry in Lowestoft and shows that Lowestoft is still a working port. Also I can imagine the excitement building with the sailors as they prepare to leave harbour.'
As our winner, Mr Kett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft