Blaze at north Suffolk printers
FIRE crews are currently working to contain a blaze in a north Suffolk printing premises.Crews were called to the blaze at Clays, Broad Street, in Bungay, at just after 7am today (Friday) after receiving reports of a fire located in a binding machine.
FIRE crews are currently working to contain a blaze in a north Suffolk printing premises.
Crews were called to the blaze at Clays, Broad Street, in Bungay, at just after 7am today (Friday) after receiving reports of a fire located in a binding machine.
Initially one dry powder, two water and three foam extinguishers were used, but the blaze later spread to a waster paper skip in a bailing shed.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said that the shed had become heavily smoke logged.
A further two hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera are being used by firefighters.
The bailing shed has now been isolated by crews and firefighters are currently working to gain further access to hotspots.
- 1 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 2 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 3 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 4 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 5 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 6 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
The Suffolk based printers are known for printing the much-loved Harry Potter series.