Blaze at north Suffolk printers
FIRE crews are currently working to contain a blaze in a north Suffolk printing premises.Crews were called to the blaze at Clays, Broad Street, in Bungay, at just after 7am today (Friday) after receiving reports of a fire located in a binding machine.
FIRE crews are currently working to contain a blaze in a north Suffolk printing premises.
Crews were called to the blaze at Clays, Broad Street, in Bungay, at just after 7am today (Friday) after receiving reports of a fire located in a binding machine.
Initially one dry powder, two water and three foam extinguishers were used, but the blaze later spread to a waster paper skip in a bailing shed.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said that the shed had become heavily smoke logged.
You may also want to watch:
A further two hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera are being used by firefighters.
The bailing shed has now been isolated by crews and firefighters are currently working to gain further access to hotspots.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
The Suffolk based printers are known for printing the much-loved Harry Potter series.