Blaze at north Suffolk printers
FIRE crews are currently working to contain a blaze in a north Suffolk printing premises.Crews were called to the blaze at Clays, Broad Street, in Bungay, at just after 7am today (Friday) after receiving reports of a fire located in a binding machine.
FIRE crews are currently working to contain a blaze in a north Suffolk printing premises.
Crews were called to the blaze at Clays, Broad Street, in Bungay, at just after 7am today (Friday) after receiving reports of a fire located in a binding machine.
Initially one dry powder, two water and three foam extinguishers were used, but the blaze later spread to a waster paper skip in a bailing shed.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said that the shed had become heavily smoke logged.
A further two hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera are being used by firefighters.
The bailing shed has now been isolated by crews and firefighters are currently working to gain further access to hotspots.
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
- 10 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
The Suffolk based printers are known for printing the much-loved Harry Potter series.