Blaze at Suffolk pub
CONTAMINATED rags are thought to have spontaneously combusted, causing a fire at an historic Suffolk pub.The blaze broke out around 6pm last night (Monday) in an outbuilding at the White Horse in Sibton.
CONTAMINATED rags are thought to have spontaneously combusted, causing a fire at an historic Suffolk pub.
The blaze broke out around 6pm last night (Monday) in an outbuilding at the White Horse in Sibton.
Fire crews from Halesworth and Saxmundham were sent to the 16th Century Tudor inn, which was left smoke-logged by the blaze.
Steve Mableson, station manager at Lowestoft fire station, said: 'I think it was purely down to bad luck. We think the fire was due to contaminated rags. It's quite possible to have oil contaminated rags spontaneously combust.'
You may also want to watch:
The fire left the two-storey premises smoked-logged, forcing it to shut for the rest of the evening while the building was ventilated.
The blaze damaged electrics and a tumble dryer, but it was put out within 30 minutes of firefighters being called.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
No one was hurt during the incident.