Blaze drama at Lowestoft Birds Eye factory
Hayley MaceFire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 1pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.Hayley Mace
Fire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.
Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 12pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.
Part of the roof ducting had to be removed.
All of the staff were evacuated safely and the fire was put out by 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Birds Eye spokesman said: 'A small fire broke out today at our Lowestoft factory. Although it happened some distance from the production area, we evacuated employees and called the fire brigade to contain it. An investigation is underway. We anticipate that production will resume again shortly.'
- 1 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 4 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 5 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 6 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 7 Delays expected for bridge works
- 8 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 9 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 10 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media