Blaze drama at Lowestoft Birds Eye factory
Hayley MaceFire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 1pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.Hayley Mace
Fire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.
Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 12pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.
Part of the roof ducting had to be removed.
All of the staff were evacuated safely and the fire was put out by 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Birds Eye spokesman said: 'A small fire broke out today at our Lowestoft factory. Although it happened some distance from the production area, we evacuated employees and called the fire brigade to contain it. An investigation is underway. We anticipate that production will resume again shortly.'
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault