Blaze drama at Lowestoft Birds Eye factory
Hayley MaceFire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 1pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.Hayley Mace
Fire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.
Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 12pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.
Part of the roof ducting had to be removed.
All of the staff were evacuated safely and the fire was put out by 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Birds Eye spokesman said: 'A small fire broke out today at our Lowestoft factory. Although it happened some distance from the production area, we evacuated employees and called the fire brigade to contain it. An investigation is underway. We anticipate that production will resume again shortly.'
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 3 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 4 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 7 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 8 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment