Blaze drama at Lowestoft Birds Eye factory
Hayley MaceFire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 1pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.Hayley Mace
Fire crews from across the area were called to the Birds Eye factory in Lowestoft today.
Fire engines from Beccles, Lowestoft, Bungay and Yarmouth were called to the factory, on Whapload Road, at about 12pm after part of the roof of one of the buildings caught fire.
Part of the roof ducting had to be removed.
All of the staff were evacuated safely and the fire was put out by 2pm.
A Birds Eye spokesman said: 'A small fire broke out today at our Lowestoft factory. Although it happened some distance from the production area, we evacuated employees and called the fire brigade to contain it. An investigation is underway. We anticipate that production will resume again shortly.'
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 7 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike