Search

Blaze fills Southwold beach home with smoke

PUBLISHED: 09:45 22 November 2010

SMOKE filled the ground floor of a beachside home following a living room blaze.

The fire broke out at a house in North Road, Southwold, just before 10.50pm on Saturday night.

No one was hurt in the fire, but the entire ground floor of the building was smokelogged and needed to be ventilated before it was safe to return to.

A fire crew from the seaside town were joined by colleagues from Wrentham at the scene.

The source of the blaze was quickly located in the living room and put out but firefighters stayed on scene for around an hour to make the area safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal