Blaze fills Southwold beach home with smoke
SMOKE filled the ground floor of a beachside home following a living room blaze.
The fire broke out at a house in North Road, Southwold, just before 10.50pm on Saturday night.
No one was hurt in the fire, but the entire ground floor of the building was smokelogged and needed to be ventilated before it was safe to return to.
A fire crew from the seaside town were joined by colleagues from Wrentham at the scene.
The source of the blaze was quickly located in the living room and put out but firefighters stayed on scene for around an hour to make the area safe.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 6 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 7 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat