St Mary's Church - The Methodist service is at 9.30am and the Anglican service is at 11am.Parish council - This is a reminder that the annual parish meeting is at the village hall on Monday at 7pm.
St Mary's Church - The Methodist service is at 9.30am and the Anglican service is at 11am.
Parish council - This is a reminder that the annual parish meeting is at the village hall on Monday at 7pm.
Women's Institute - At the April meeting president Barbara Shaw welcomed members and visitors. Reports were given by the treasurer, the craft committee, the group meeting, and on the very successful bingo bangers and mash evening.
There is a group outing to Orwell Park, Ipswich for the 90th birthday celebrations of the WI. Members were reminded of the ghost walk in Great Yarmouth on May 14. Tickets are on sale for Ready Steady Cook on June 16.
You may also want to watch:
Debrah Preston was welcomed as the speaker for the evening. Debrah was for many years the head housekeeper of the Grosvenor House hotel in London, which has the largest ballroom in Europe and a staff of 900. She had to welcome many famous people and told of visits from film stars, members of the Royal family and other celebrities. Asked if she could name a special favourite she mentioned Vera Lynn and Shirley Bassey. The vote of thanks was given by Rosemarie Page.
- 1 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 5 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences