St Mary's Church - The Methodist service is at 9.30am and the Anglican service is at 11am.Parish council - This is a reminder that the annual parish meeting is at the village hall on Monday at 7pm.
St Mary's Church - The Methodist service is at 9.30am and the Anglican service is at 11am.
Parish council - This is a reminder that the annual parish meeting is at the village hall on Monday at 7pm.
Women's Institute - At the April meeting president Barbara Shaw welcomed members and visitors. Reports were given by the treasurer, the craft committee, the group meeting, and on the very successful bingo bangers and mash evening.
There is a group outing to Orwell Park, Ipswich for the 90th birthday celebrations of the WI. Members were reminded of the ghost walk in Great Yarmouth on May 14. Tickets are on sale for Ready Steady Cook on June 16.
Debrah Preston was welcomed as the speaker for the evening. Debrah was for many years the head housekeeper of the Grosvenor House hotel in London, which has the largest ballroom in Europe and a staff of 900. She had to welcome many famous people and told of visits from film stars, members of the Royal family and other celebrities. Asked if she could name a special favourite she mentioned Vera Lynn and Shirley Bassey. The vote of thanks was given by Rosemarie Page.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 3 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 4 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 5 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 6 'A great hero': Terry Butcher hailed on return to hometown
- 7 Dad's anger after bike worth £3,000 stolen from Lowestoft park
- 8 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 9 Family's plea for information on engineer's asbestos exposure
- 10 Transformation of town's former hospital site complete