St Mary's Church - Services on Sunday are 9.30am Methodist service and 11am Anglican service.St George's - A musical evening held to celebrate St George's Day was greatly enjoyed by an almost full church.
St Mary's Church - Services on Sunday are 9.30am Methodist service and 11am Anglican service.
St George's - A musical evening held to celebrate St George's Day was greatly enjoyed by an almost full church. The programme contained a wide variety of musical talent interspersed with some fun items and concluded with patriotic community singing. The PCC would like to thank all choirs and individuals who made this evening so successful.
Group service - Members and friends in the Somerleyton Group of churches attended a special St George service held in St Mary's using the Loving Cup of England as a communion chalice. This is the very first time the cup has been used for this purpose and we would like to thank Bruno Peek OBE MVO for his kindness in loaning it to us. The Rev Leslie Hobbs assisted by Methodist minister Rev Christine Kennell conducted the service.
Footpaths - There is concern about the condition of the footpath from Lakeside Rise to the school. Parents who are trying to encourage children to walk to school are concerned by the amount of dogs' mess left on the footpath. This is most unpleasant on children's shoes and buggy wheels. There is a special bin at the school end of the path so please dog owners, help to keep this footpath clean and in use.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 5 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 6 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 7 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 8 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid