Women's Institute - The June meeting took place in the village hall, with president Barbara Shaw welcoming members and friends. A minute's silence was held in memory of member Jean Shreeve and a tribute given.
Women's Institute - The June meeting took place in the village hall, with president Barbara Shaw welcoming members and friends. A minute's silence was held in memory of member Jean Shreeve and a tribute given. A Lowestoft afternoon member gave a report on her visit to the AGM at the Albert Hall. The resolution on the honey bees, asking for more money for research, was passed by a resounding 6,164 for with 37 against. A report was also given on the successful Ready Steady Cook evening and the cooks and commentator congratulated on how well the evening had gone. The speaker for the evening was Hats Francise. An array of hats and fascinators were displayed and members acted as models. Rosemarie Page gave the vote of thanks. Tickets have been obtained for Southwold Theatre and a booking will be made for a Christmas show at Gorleston. Dales WI have invited members to their garden party. Tickets are on sale for our garden party on August 4.
||St. Mary's Church - Services for Sunday: 11am Anglican service with baptism; 6.30pm group, songs of praise, at Fritton Lake. Parishioners attended and joined in the service of Institution and Induction of the Rev Leslie R Hobbs held in Somerleyton Church. Rev Hobbs has been in charge of the parishes in the Somerleyton Group since the death of Rev Roger Kent.
||Local History Society - Visit to the Dunwich Museum on Wednesday at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 7 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade