St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.
Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
Women's Institute - Members of the WI met in the village hall for their July meeting. Vice-president Rosemarie Page introduced the speaker, Mary Ann Bartlett the title of whose talk was In Livingstone's Footsteps. It was at five years old Mary Ann decided she would be an artist; she fulfilled her ambition and now takes parties of adults on painting safaris, giving advice on how to draw the outline of an animal with a few deft strokes .Her slide illustrations of animals in the bush and the African skies were memorable and Mary Ann told us that part of her longing to visit Botswana was that a relative in 1840 had accompanied the explorer David Livingstone on some of his African expeditions. Sue Head gave the vote of thanks. Tickets were on sale for the garden party and arrangements made for a visit to Southwold Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 6 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 9 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight