St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.
Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
Women's Institute - Members of the WI met in the village hall for their July meeting. Vice-president Rosemarie Page introduced the speaker, Mary Ann Bartlett the title of whose talk was In Livingstone's Footsteps. It was at five years old Mary Ann decided she would be an artist; she fulfilled her ambition and now takes parties of adults on painting safaris, giving advice on how to draw the outline of an animal with a few deft strokes .Her slide illustrations of animals in the bush and the African skies were memorable and Mary Ann told us that part of her longing to visit Botswana was that a relative in 1840 had accompanied the explorer David Livingstone on some of his African expeditions. Sue Head gave the vote of thanks. Tickets were on sale for the garden party and arrangements made for a visit to Southwold Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 8 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods