St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.
Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
Women's Institute - Members of the WI met in the village hall for their July meeting. Vice-president Rosemarie Page introduced the speaker, Mary Ann Bartlett the title of whose talk was In Livingstone's Footsteps. It was at five years old Mary Ann decided she would be an artist; she fulfilled her ambition and now takes parties of adults on painting safaris, giving advice on how to draw the outline of an animal with a few deft strokes .Her slide illustrations of animals in the bush and the African skies were memorable and Mary Ann told us that part of her longing to visit Botswana was that a relative in 1840 had accompanied the explorer David Livingstone on some of his African expeditions. Sue Head gave the vote of thanks. Tickets were on sale for the garden party and arrangements made for a visit to Southwold Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft