St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
St Mary's Church - Services for Sunday, August 9: 11am Anglican service.
Circus Rock - The Children's Club has been busy in the church all this week. They will be taking part in the Sunday Service, so come along and give them your support.
Women's Institute - Members of the WI met in the village hall for their July meeting. Vice-president Rosemarie Page introduced the speaker, Mary Ann Bartlett the title of whose talk was In Livingstone's Footsteps. It was at five years old Mary Ann decided she would be an artist; she fulfilled her ambition and now takes parties of adults on painting safaris, giving advice on how to draw the outline of an animal with a few deft strokes .Her slide illustrations of animals in the bush and the African skies were memorable and Mary Ann told us that part of her longing to visit Botswana was that a relative in 1840 had accompanied the explorer David Livingstone on some of his African expeditions. Sue Head gave the vote of thanks. Tickets were on sale for the garden party and arrangements made for a visit to Southwold Theatre.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 3 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas