St Mary's Church - There is no Sunday service this week.Art and craft fair - Over the weekend the church was very busy with visitors to the fair. Decorated ready for the harvest festival service the church was very colourful and made an excellent backdrop for the craft stalls.
St Mary's Church - There is no Sunday service this week.
Art and craft fair - Over the weekend the church was very busy with visitors to the fair. Decorated ready for the harvest festival service the church was very colourful and made an excellent backdrop for the craft stalls. The art gallery arranged by David Balder and stalls which included, blacksmithing to fine jewellery, cup cakes to pottery kept visitors busy. The weekend concluded with a harvest songs of praise service led by Revd Leslie Hobbs with John Robbens at the organ.
100 Club - Winners for October were J Kings and B Shaw drawn by Linda and Pat Hebditch.
History Society - The first meeting of the 2009/10 session will take place in Lound Village Hall on Wednesday. Following a short general meeting the speaker will be Michael Mills on the history of the theatre and concert pavilions of Lowestoft 1730 to 1939 Visitors will be welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Women's Institute - The September meeting was held in the village hall with president Barbara Shaw welcoming members and visitors. Eight of the members were on leave of absence as they were representing Suffolk East in darts match against Suffolk West. Matters under discussion included, courses at Denman College, shoe boxes for children to be completed for next months meeting, nominations for committee, home and country show, the pre-Christmas meal, the group social at Mutford on October 27 and the carol concert in Blundeston Church on December 8, also suggestions were requested for additional activities for members. The next requested ramble is on October 15, for details contact Ann Mableson. The speaker for the evening was Paul Davies whose subject was deltiology or the collecting of postcards. A vote of thanks was given.
- 1 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 2 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: Arsonist, burglar and drug dealer all behind bars
- 4 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 5 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Trio bailed following arrests outside petrol station
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Coronavirus jabs rolled out to people aged 56 to 59