Motown charity gig to raise money for hospice and hospital radio
- Credit: Archant
A Motown-inspired charity concert is set to raise money for East Coast Hospice and Hospital Radio Yare.
'Sing-a-long-a-Motown' will take place at St Mary the Virgin Church, in Church Road, Blundeston, on Saturday, March 3.
The event, which begins at 7.30pm, features performances from the Somerleyton Strummers and Treble Clef.
Organiser Kimble Reynolds explained his personal connection to the charities.
He said: 'My ongoing involvement with hospital radio is very personal as when my mother was in hospital it kept her entertained and aided her recovery.
You may also want to watch:
'I have been a presenter on Hospital Radio Yare for 15 years and I appreciate the help it can be for the patients in hospital.
'East Coast Hospice will be an absolute necessity to the community when the hospice is built.'
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 9 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
Motown-inspired fancy dress is encouraged and prizes will be given to the best-dressed.
Tickets, costing £8, are available by calling 01502 732 798.
For more information visit: www.krpianos.co.uk/events