Royal Wedding themed open gardens event
- Credit: Archant
A popular event will return next weekend as a diverse choice of gardens are showcased.
The annual Blundeston open gardens event will see numerous gardens open to the public in the village over the weekend of June 30 and July 1.
The local bowls club will also be open, weather and suitable footwear permitting, with visitors able to have a go at bowling under the supervision of a club member.
Tickets and route of participating gardens will be available from the village hall at Hall Lane in Blundeston. It costs £3 per person, with accompanied children free, and the entry fee is valid for both days as all funds are raised for Blundeston in Bloom.
Light refreshments will be available at the hall and around the village. There will also be an exhibition in the hall by the Art Club.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'With the Royal Wedding this year, we have taken the opportunity to use this as a village theme. So with the help of the Art Group, as you walk around you will see sentries, corgis, crowns and even the duck hut by the pond has had a makeover – and is now called Duckingham Palace.'
Blundeston has won a number of awards in the regional in bloom contest and this year they have entered the Anglia in Bloom competition once more.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 4 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
The spokesman added: 'Please come along and experience the time and effort that the village has put in.'