Body confirmed as that of missing north Suffolk man
POLICE have today confirmed that the body of a man found near a railway line in north Suffolk is that of missing Wenhaston man Simon Adams.Suffolk police were contacted just after 5pm last Thursday by a local resident reporting a body near a railway line in Bramfield, near Halesworth.
POLICE have today confirmed that the body of a man found near a railway line in north Suffolk is that of missing Wenhaston man Simon Adams.
Suffolk police were contacted just after 5pm last Thursday by a local resident reporting a body near a railway line in Bramfield, near Halesworth.
Officers attended along with officers from British Transport Police and the area was cordoned off while investigations were conducted and the body was recovered.
Formal identification was carried out yesterday afternoon, Monday, September 6 and police today revealed that the body was that of 42-year-old man Simon Adams, who went missing from his home in Wenhaston last Tuesday, August 31.
'The death has been referred to the coroner and a post mortem examination will take place today,' a police spokesman said. 'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.'
- 1 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 2 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 3 Business growth means East Anglian energy firm is looking to recruit locals
- 4 Bin collections affected in parts of Lowestoft
- 5 Police hunt witness after 'intoxicated' woman grabs buggy with child inside
- 6 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Burglars break into garage and steal mountain bike
- 8 Former Grade II listed Post Office to be restored to former glory
- 9 Lowestoft in 2022 - How nightlife, tourism, retail and housing will change
- 10 Car windscreen smashed and tyres slashed in Lowestoft