Body confirmed as that of missing north Suffolk man
POLICE have today confirmed that the body of a man found near a railway line in north Suffolk is that of missing Wenhaston man Simon Adams.Suffolk police were contacted just after 5pm last Thursday by a local resident reporting a body near a railway line in Bramfield, near Halesworth.
POLICE have today confirmed that the body of a man found near a railway line in north Suffolk is that of missing Wenhaston man Simon Adams.
Suffolk police were contacted just after 5pm last Thursday by a local resident reporting a body near a railway line in Bramfield, near Halesworth.
Officers attended along with officers from British Transport Police and the area was cordoned off while investigations were conducted and the body was recovered.
Formal identification was carried out yesterday afternoon, Monday, September 6 and police today revealed that the body was that of 42-year-old man Simon Adams, who went missing from his home in Wenhaston last Tuesday, August 31.
You may also want to watch:
'The death has been referred to the coroner and a post mortem examination will take place today,' a police spokesman said. 'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.'
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 5 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre