Body confirmed as that of missing north Suffolk man
POLICE have today confirmed that the body of a man found near a railway line in north Suffolk is that of missing Wenhaston man Simon Adams.Suffolk police were contacted just after 5pm last Thursday by a local resident reporting a body near a railway line in Bramfield, near Halesworth.
POLICE have today confirmed that the body of a man found near a railway line in north Suffolk is that of missing Wenhaston man Simon Adams.
Suffolk police were contacted just after 5pm last Thursday by a local resident reporting a body near a railway line in Bramfield, near Halesworth.
Officers attended along with officers from British Transport Police and the area was cordoned off while investigations were conducted and the body was recovered.
Formal identification was carried out yesterday afternoon, Monday, September 6 and police today revealed that the body was that of 42-year-old man Simon Adams, who went missing from his home in Wenhaston last Tuesday, August 31.
You may also want to watch:
'The death has been referred to the coroner and a post mortem examination will take place today,' a police spokesman said. 'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.'
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 7 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man