Body confirmed as that of missing woman
THE body of a woman found in Pakefield last night (Thursday) has today been confirmed as that of missing 83-year-old Joyce Parker.
Mrs Parker, from Kettering, went to the beach with her husband, also in his 80s, on Tuesday, September 28, but he became tired and returned to where they were staying, leaving her to continue on her walk.
After appeals for information police received a call yesterday lunchtime (Thursday) reporting a possible sighting of Mrs Parker on the cliff top at Pakefield shortly after the last confirmed sighting of her on the beach.
This enabled police to narrow the search area and, with assistance from the coastguard, officers began a more detailed search. This resulted in the body of a woman being found in the bushes at the back of the beach next to the cliffs near Arbor Lane at Pakefield at 7pm last night.
'Formal identification has now been carried out confirming this is Mrs Parker and a post mortem is due to be held early next week to determine cause of death,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained, however there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.'
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise