Body found by side or railway track
THE body of a man has been discovered by railway workers close to train tracks behind the old Cattle Market, in Norwich.Police were called to the scene at about 12.
THE body of a man has been discovered by railway workers close to train tracks behind the old Cattle Market, in Norwich.
Police were called to the scene at about 12.15pm on Saturday and remained at the site into the evening.
An investigation into the identity of the dead man, believed to be aged between 35 and 55, is being carried out by British Transport Police.
He was found in the undergrowth and police think he could have been there for some time.
A post-mortem examination is being carried out to try to find the cause of death but police are not treating it as suspicious.
Anyone with information should call British Transport Police on 0800 404 040.
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 7 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 10 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown