Body found in search for Lowestoft man
AN extensive search for a Lowestoft man, who was reported missing from his home in the town, has led to a body being found.The 60-year-old man, who was reported missing last week, was found by one of the search teams in a wooded area, known as Hill Covert.
AN extensive search for a Lowestoft man, who was reported missing from his home in the town, has led to a body being found.
The 60-year-old man, who was reported missing last week, was found by one of the search teams in a wooded area, known as Hill Covert.
'Officers conducting a search for a 60-year-old man reported missing, found the body of man hanging from a tree,' police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal.
The man was reported missing just after 9.35pm on Wednesday, last week, and searches of areas of north Lowestoft were subsequently carried out.
You may also want to watch:
'These were carried out on the ground in rough weather conditions but this was called off just before 2am,' Ms Breach said. Searches resumed on Thursday morning and police received information that a man matching the description of the missing person had been seen walking towards woods near Pleasurewood Hills on Wednesday morning. Police continued searching, with the Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue and the National Search and Rescue Dog Association, and the body of the man was found around 12.45pm on Thursday.
An inquest is due to be held and Ms Breach added: 'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances but, as is standard procedure, the death is currently being treated as unexplained, pending further enquiries.'
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings