Body found in search for Lowestoft man
AN extensive search for a Lowestoft man, who was reported missing from his home in the town, has led to a body being found.The 60-year-old man, who was reported missing last week, was found by one of the search teams in a wooded area, known as Hill Covert.
AN extensive search for a Lowestoft man, who was reported missing from his home in the town, has led to a body being found.
The 60-year-old man, who was reported missing last week, was found by one of the search teams in a wooded area, known as Hill Covert.
'Officers conducting a search for a 60-year-old man reported missing, found the body of man hanging from a tree,' police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach told The Journal.
The man was reported missing just after 9.35pm on Wednesday, last week, and searches of areas of north Lowestoft were subsequently carried out.
You may also want to watch:
'These were carried out on the ground in rough weather conditions but this was called off just before 2am,' Ms Breach said. Searches resumed on Thursday morning and police received information that a man matching the description of the missing person had been seen walking towards woods near Pleasurewood Hills on Wednesday morning. Police continued searching, with the Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue and the National Search and Rescue Dog Association, and the body of the man was found around 12.45pm on Thursday.
An inquest is due to be held and Ms Breach added: 'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances but, as is standard procedure, the death is currently being treated as unexplained, pending further enquiries.'
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 4 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 5 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 6 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 7 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 8 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 9 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
- 10 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship