The Body Shop set to close in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Body Shop has announced it will close its store in Lowestoft.
After several weeks of speculation, the cosmetics brand confirmed it will not be renewing the lease on its premises on London Road North in the town centre.
The skin care and perfume specialist said it would be helping members of the store's sales team to find new jobs within the company.
A spokesman for The Body Shop said: 'We regularly review our store portfolio performance and have taken the decision not to renew the lease of The Body Shop in Lowestoft and close the store, which will cease trading on the 9th March 2019.
'We are currently in consultation with the sales team to discuss job opportunities elsewhere within the business.'
You may also want to watch:
News of the closure comes a matter of hours after it was announced the Beales department store - based just a couple of hundred of metres away from The Body Shop - would also be closing its doors.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 4 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 7 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 8 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 9 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 10 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig