Bond will reward retired pensioners in Waveney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
A new pensioners bond will reward savers in Waveney in their retirement, an MP has said.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous has welcomed the launch of a new National Savings and Investments Bond for pensioners.
The new bonds for people aged 65 and over will offer market-leading rates and support people who rely on their savings in retirement.
The two bonds being launched are a one-year bond, which will offer returns of 2.8 per cent gross/AER interest, while a three-year bond will pay four per cent gross/AER interest.
Mr Aldous said: 'A key part of the long-term economic plan is to support savers and boost hard-working peoples' financial security at all stages of life.
You may also want to watch:
'That's why the government have introduced government-backed savings bonds for people aged 65 and over that pay the best interest rates in the market. They have already been a huge success and because this is the biggest ever retail bond offer, these bonds will be available for many months.
'This is great news for pensioners in Waveney.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 6 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
'It's time savers were rewarded and these bonds do that by giving older savers the certainty and comfort of a good return over the life of their investment.'