Bond will reward retired pensioners in Waveney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
A new pensioners bond will reward savers in Waveney in their retirement, an MP has said.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous has welcomed the launch of a new National Savings and Investments Bond for pensioners.
The new bonds for people aged 65 and over will offer market-leading rates and support people who rely on their savings in retirement.
The two bonds being launched are a one-year bond, which will offer returns of 2.8 per cent gross/AER interest, while a three-year bond will pay four per cent gross/AER interest.
Mr Aldous said: 'A key part of the long-term economic plan is to support savers and boost hard-working peoples' financial security at all stages of life.
You may also want to watch:
'That's why the government have introduced government-backed savings bonds for people aged 65 and over that pay the best interest rates in the market. They have already been a huge success and because this is the biggest ever retail bond offer, these bonds will be available for many months.
'This is great news for pensioners in Waveney.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
'It's time savers were rewarded and these bonds do that by giving older savers the certainty and comfort of a good return over the life of their investment.'