Bond will reward retired pensioners in Waveney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
A new pensioners bond will reward savers in Waveney in their retirement, an MP has said.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous has welcomed the launch of a new National Savings and Investments Bond for pensioners.
The new bonds for people aged 65 and over will offer market-leading rates and support people who rely on their savings in retirement.
The two bonds being launched are a one-year bond, which will offer returns of 2.8 per cent gross/AER interest, while a three-year bond will pay four per cent gross/AER interest.
Mr Aldous said: 'A key part of the long-term economic plan is to support savers and boost hard-working peoples' financial security at all stages of life.
You may also want to watch:
'That's why the government have introduced government-backed savings bonds for people aged 65 and over that pay the best interest rates in the market. They have already been a huge success and because this is the biggest ever retail bond offer, these bonds will be available for many months.
'This is great news for pensioners in Waveney.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 5 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
'It's time savers were rewarded and these bonds do that by giving older savers the certainty and comfort of a good return over the life of their investment.'